Damascus Veterinary Hospital is committed to keeping our patients, clients, staff, and family healthy and safe during this uncertain time of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Effective March 17th, 2020, we will be practicing social distancing and providing curbside pick-up using the following guidelines:
1) When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, please notify us by calling the main hospital number, 301-253-2072 and let us know you are present outside.
2) We will send a staff member to your car to escort your pet into the hospital.
3) Once the pet has been examined by one of our doctors, you will receive a phone call to discuss recommendations and a treatment plan. A verbal consent for treatment and any estimates will be authorized over the phone.
4) Payment may be obtained via phone and an invoice can be emailed to you.
5) A staff member will return your pet to your car when the appointment is over. Any questions regarding your pet's appointment can be relayed via phone or email.
6) Please call ahead for medications and/or pet food and be prepared to prepay with a credit card over the phone. Alert the office when you are in the parking lot and we will deliver your prescriptions to your car. Plan on having at least a 2 week supply on hand as backorders are common during this uncertain time.
7) If you or anyone in your family is experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms, please kindly reschedule your appointment or send another authorized agent to present your pet to our hospital.
8) We are currently sanitizing all surfaces with disposable wipes before and after every appointment and practicing CDC guidelines for hand washing and social distancing of 6 ft. We appreciate your understanding of these current protocols for our hospital and will update as state and local officials inform us with any changes during this evolving outbreak.
The Staff at Damascus Veterinary Hospital